Hey! I’m Katie. I’m married to Zachary, the best friend I’ve prayed for all my life, and the owner of the world’s cutest smile.
We have an awesome dog named Goose,
and own a home in East Tennessee.
AND we are pregnant and expecting our first child in June 2017! It’s a girl!
Also, if you met me in person, the impression that I would hope to leave on you is, “Wow, she acted like she knew me forever and it was so non-awkard and totally not weird at all!” However, it may come across as, “Wow… that was weird cause a total stranger asked a million questions about super random things. She probably doesn’t get out much. Am I the first person she’s seen all week?” Like I said, I love people.
I also LOVE making lists. You will find TONS of bullet points on this blog.
So, here’s a list of 10 Random Facts Things About Me:
- I especially love drawing eyeballs. Haha! When I decided to learn portraiture I figured, “Hey, eyes are the window to the soul right?” and thought they’d be a good thing to master first.
- I play the ukulele. My great uncle taught me when I was about 9. I’m not one of those people who plays by ear though (at least not well), so I need chords and stuff to be able to play recognizable songs, unless it’s one of the 2 or 3 songs I’ve memorized.
- I absolutely love animals, and wanted to work at a zoo when I was younger, or maybe even a marine biologist (I love fish and aquariums too). I would also love to have a farm one day.
- I am allergic to cats. And also sometimes when I eat watermelon it makes my mouth itchy. But will that stop me? NAY!
- I won Nanowrimo last year for the first time in 5 years of trying. What is Nanowrimo you ask? A challenge to write a 50,000 word novel in the month of November. It stands for NAtional NOvel WRIting MOnth. And my novel title? The Truth About Unicorns, and no I’m not joking.
- I was born in California, and grew up there until I was 11. My family has lived in Tennessee since I was 12, so I’ve been here for about 8 years.
- At any point in my life if you asked me what I want to be most when I grow up/get older the answer would most likely be, “I want to be a mom.”
- Me and my husband are both oldest children.
- I was homeschooled my whole life.
- I have a passion for ministering to teenage girls. It sucks to be a teen sometimes and I wish more girls knew that it’s totally normal to take several years to recover from puberty. Also, the world of emotions and also of boys can be so crazy and hard to understand and I always wanted a big sister or a best friend to help me through it and just listen to me. I found this companionship in Jesus, and I really want to be able to be there for girls who either haven’t found His love and comfort and guidance yet, or who just need a loving and supportive sister in their journey with him.
- I love to read! I don’t read much fiction, but I love researching and go through phases where I suck up anything I can read on whatever topic has recently consumed me. So non-fiction is my thing. Information please!
Thanks for taking some time to get to know me, and if you’ve got any questions about me feel free to check out the Contact Me page and drop me a line!